Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blog Updates: New Look!


Hey everyone!

So the previous template for this blog, while very modern and cool, was starting to drive me a little crazy.  Gadgets kept disappearing, or refused to show up in the first place, so I decided it was time for a change.

Check it out!  If you are interested in taking a private lesson with me, you can now book it online!  Click on the "Book Appointment" button that you see on the left hand side.  It's super easy!  It's not set up for advanced payment (nor will it ever be), so you needn't worry about paying for the lesson until we meet in person.

You might have noticed that some of the posts look "unfinished" as you scroll down.  Don't worry!  I just inserted a page break to make things easier.  Click on the text that says "read more" in order to see the full post, or just click on the post title.

Here are some other cool new features that I was finally able to add with this new web template:

1. On the left-hand side you'll see there are some polls that you can participate in!  I love using polls to see what other people want, so please feel free to click on the choices you like best

2. On the left-hand side, you'll also notice a share-it gadget, which would allow you to share a link to this blog on your Facebook or Twitter page.  I encourage you to share this blog as much as you can!  The more attention the site gets, the better!

3. Did you know you can follow my blog and get a regular news feed on your Google+ page?  If you have a Google+ account (or Gmail) you can click on the button that says "Join This Site", and you'll get to see any new posts from my blog on your Google+ page!

4. On the right-hand side, you'll notice a gadget called "Labels".  Basically, every post has at least one label attached to it (Lesson recap, event calender, etc.).  If you click on one of those labels, you'll find yourself with a list of all the posts that have that label.  It'll make the posts you want easy to find! You can also use the search box to find the posts you need.

5. On the left sidebar, you'll notice some new buttons!  These buttons will take you to places like the Hartford Ballroom Facebook page, my Pinterest page, and my Google+ page!  This is a new gadget that I've never used before, so let me know if there are any issues with clicking on these buttons (please comment below).


Will I change the format again?  Maybe.  I'm still new to blogging, so I'll probably change the look every now and again to see what works best for me.  In the meantime, if you liked the old format better, let me know! (I saved the original template, don't worry)  Either post in the comments box below, or send me an email.

Cheers!
-Lisa Spiro

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Tell me your thoughts!