Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Bloopers



Hey Folks!

A few people have approached me with some complaints about certain features on my blog, so this post is about some of the issues some people have encountered.



1. The Comments Box:
A few people have mentioned that their comments aren't getting posted.  I think the issue is who you're commenting as.  Below the message box, you'll see a drop-down menu labeled "Comment As:".  Make sure you select a profile option!  You can use your Google+ account, or pick the option at the very bottom of the menu, where you can post anonymously (this works for all users).  Once you select a profile, you should be able to post your comment successfully!

2.  The Book Appointment Feature:
I am in love with this new feature!  I love the fact that my students can now book a private lesson online; it makes things considerably more convenient for me and my students.  E-mails can easily get lost amidst everything else that gets sent my way, and I can't always answer my phone.  Plus, there's the additional issue where I have to scramble to find available time slots to accommodate new appointments.
This online feature simplifies everything, and speeds up the whole process.  Plus, it provides confirmation and reminder e-mails that you can use to either cancel or reschedule your lesson.

I was having some minor issues with it earlier, but it should work great now!  Here's how you use it:
1) Click on the "Book Appointment" button
2) Click "okay" once you've read my booking policy
3) Select one of the private lesson options (if you hover the mouse over each option, you'll see a little description about that option)
4) Click on the date you want on the calendar
5) Once you've selected the date, you'll see all the available time options for that day (if someone already scheduled an appointment, that option will disappear so no one else will see it).  Click on the time slot you want.
6) Enter your basic information (e-mail and cell phone #), so you can get an e-mail reminder, and so that I can contact you if something comes up.  The mailing address option isn't necessary.  In the comments box, tell me what you want to learn, or why you're taking the private lesson.
7) Once that's been entered, click confirm!  You can book another appointment if you like, and you'll get an e-mail saying you've set up a lesson; the e-mail will also give you the option to reschedule or even cancel the lesson.  Keep in mind that you can't pay online, you still have to pay me in person.


I'm continuing to work on this site as much as I can, just bear with me as I fix any glitches I find.

7 comments:

I love comments! Tell me your thoughts!