Thursday, December 11, 2014

New! Lisa's Tuesday Beginner Lessons In New Hartford!

Recently, I've been thinking of branching out from Hartford Ballroom and teaching classes throughout Connecticut.  Mind you, this is not because I'm thinking of quitting the studio or anything (no siree!), I just would like to make a little extra cash and maybe develop a dance reputation of my own outside of my mother's influence (she was actually the one who suggested I do this, in case you were wondering).  It doesn't help that we only have the one floor, so available time for new classes at the studio is severely limited.  So I shopped around for available floors to rent and found one in New Hartford that's really affordable!

So now starting January 6th  I'm going to start teaching beginner classes every Tuesday evening, from 7-9 p.m.  They'll run exactly the same as my Monday classes; they'll just be in a different town!

So far, I just have the schedule and the location.  The hall is a little isolated (it's 7 minutes up a hill from the New Hartford town center), but the floor is really nice.

New Hartford's Tuesday Beginner Ballroom Dance Classes
Where: Berkshire Hall in Brodie Park, 580 West Hill Road, New Hartford, CT 06057
How Much: $10 per person per class


Class #1: Absolute Beginners
7-8 p.m.
The perfect class for those who have never danced before.  Every month, we cover the basic steps of two dance styles, and we also do a little Merengue as a warm-up.  We keep things very easy and very friendly, so that the learning experience remains fun and relaxing.  The class is 45 minutes long with an additional 15-minute practice.
The Class Schedule:
December- Tango/Hustle
January- Foxtrot/Swing
February- Salsa/Cha Cha
March- Waltz/Rumba
April- Tango/Hustle
May- Foxtrot/Swing
June- Salsa/Cha Cha


Class #2: Ballroom Basics
8-9 p.m.
This is a great class for anyone who feels like the basic step is easy enough, and want to learn a little more but still consider themselves to be a beginner.  In this class we do one dance style a month; I'll quickly review the basic step, and then I'll teach up to 5 other steps within that dance.  These steps are repeated throughout the month, so you'll get plenty of time to practice the moves. 
The Class Schedule:
December- Waltz
January- West Coast Swing
February- Cha Cha
March- Rumba
April- Foxtrot
May- Hustle
June- East Coast Swing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Tell me your thoughts!